Thursday, May 31, 2012

MDW 2012

Its already the weekend and I'm still getting over the lovely 3-day weekend we just had! This week has flew by!
For Memorial Day weekend we really wanted to go out of town for a short vacay but we had offered our services to help a friend move on Saturday. I don't know exactly how much I helped having Sophia with me but I did help organize and unpack kitchen stuff and I also put their bed frame together (Handy Alex, I am) while Sophia crawled around scooping the new apartment out.
The rest of the weekend looked a lot like this:
Fun in the sun
and feasts! 
Turkey burgers, baked beans, macaroni salad, coleslaw, and corn-on-the-cob! YUM

I should have taken a picture of a beer & pina colada because we also had a few of those over the long weekend. 
Sunday we were half way to St.Pete Beach when it started pouring rain. Our friends were in front of us in their Jeep (with the top down) and so we quickly made a Uturn and headed back to Tampa. We ended up at our friend's new apartment pool (the one we helped move into the day before), then headed to a place Crabby Bill's on the water for dinner & pina coladas, then to another friend's house to end the day playing in their pool! Lots of pool playin' going on.

Monday we had planned to make another attempt at the beach but the morning was pretty gloomy, so we stayed home and grilled some burgers on the grill, then went to Menchie's for a fro-yo date to top off the weekend. 

Love, 
Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment