Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Hey y'all!

How was your weekend? Relaxing and full of good food, I hope!

As I'm gathering up some pictures for this weekend recap post, it seems like this weekend was forever long. 
For example, we went on the boat on Saturday and it feels like that was last week. Well, technically it was but it feels more like a week ago rather than 3 days ago. 

I guess that's a good thing?

Friday night we went over to the in-laws house. Angelo's mom is 100% Venezuelan and his father is 100% Italian; so no matter which one is cooking, it's always incredible! 

Friday's meal was Pabellón criollo: a traditional Venezuelan dish with rice, beans, and shredded beef. 

Saturday we finally got a boat day and headed out to Caladesi Island in Clearwater. The weather was almost perfectly cloudy so it wasn't scorching hot. 


Sunday we had a dear friend's birthday brunch at Ella's Americana Folkart Cafe in Seminole Heights. On Sunday's their menu is Soul Food style! Think BBQ and Fried Chicken with Waffles. This is where I regretfully didn't take any pictures. 

We were at a table with 30 other people and I had Penelope on my lap. Once I got my phone out of my purse, Sophia had already chowed down on the chicken, and Angelo scarfed down half the fried pickles. I got nervous and dug in so I could get a taste before it was gone! ;) Anyone else get nervous around fast eaters!? Story of my life...
Game of Throne cake with CakePopsByLu

Monday, Labor Day, was a day of laundry, grocery shopping, and finally a cook out with the family!

We tore down the Summer Tower Garden, preparing to start all the others this month! 
We have tons of dill, parsely, and basil to use up this week! 


 This is where half the dill went - Homemade pickles! Hopefully they turn out good! 


 Mom made her famous ribs. I'm not kidding when I say she makes THE BEST ribs around. 

Then, feeling guilty for stuffing ourselves, we did some core workouts before bed. ;)


Some exciting this going on this week! 
  • Sophia starts her first dance class as a 4 year old, that means she got to move up a class to Ballet II! 
  • I have a race entry giveaway coming up on Thursday!
  • New recipes! That's always exciting! :)
Have a great Tuesday!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment