Friday, June 22, 2012

Avocado Egg Salad

I don't know why, but i was in the mood for some egg salad yesterday. I've never been an egg salad fan, I'm more into chicken salad. I'm also not a mayo fan, and usually make my chicken salad with hummus.
ALSO, I think I've boiled eggs only a handful of times because I don't really ever "crave" hard boiled eggs. Just not my thing, ya know?! Well yesterday was a different story. So here is the recipe for what I had for lunch.

Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
Ingredients
1 1/2 avocados
4 hard boiled eggs
salt
garlic powder

Directions
1. Chop up your hard boiled eggs on plate. 
2. Cut up & smash avocado in bowl. 
3. Put eggs in with avocado, sprinkle on some salt & garlic powder and mix. DONE

I loaded the avocado egg salad on top of 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, spread on some honey mustard, and topped with spinach. Talk about a protein packed sammy! YUM


Close up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment