Tuesday, January 31, 2012

You Look like a loon

Guilty as charged. I watch Kourtney & Kim Take New York.
 In one of the episodes Kourtney talks to Kim about having children and doing stupid/funny/crazy things to get your children to laugh.  Kim wouldn’t get down and waddle like a penguin but I sure will! I make the weirdest faces, noises, and dances in front of Sophia and she gets a kick out of them.  Just hopping in front of her saying the words “bouncy, bouncy, bouncy” gets her to laugh. I may look like a total loon but it puts a smile to both of our faces and that’s all I care about. A lot of people tell me how smiley and happy Sophia is all the time, which is one of the best compliments!

This week I enrolled Sophia in Gymboree class and so far we love it. We go to our 3rd Level 1 class tomorrow. Level 1 is for kids 0-6 months old, so Sophia will be graduating soon to Level 2. It’s a lot of one-on-one time with her while learning & playing. We play with colorful scarves, puppets, parachutes, and sing songs! Since Sophia doesn’t go to a daycare, we felt this was much needed.  Sophia can meet other babies her age and I meet new friends with babies! ;)  It’s fun to get to see other babies and where they’re at developmentally compared to Sophia. From what I’ve seen, Sophia is right on track!

When we're not at Gymboree, Rome is a good source of entertainment. Bella is in her bed snoozing most of the day. 

Snack time over here and I think I'll make a Strawberry-Mango smoothie! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Love, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment