Thursday, June 18, 2015

Get Active This Father's Day!

Fathers Day is THIS Sunday! You know what else is this Sunday? Richard's Father's Day Family Walk/Jog!

I am beyond grateful for my father and the father of my children. Two great men in my life.


I am thankful for numerous things my father has given me (one being LIFE), but I'm gonna talk about one thing in particular. 

I'm thankful that my father lead me to an active lifestyle. I was a soccer player, dancer, and cheerleader growing up. Being active was the norm, always outside playing tag, soccer, or hide and seek. I don't remember many days sitting inside, I remember A LOT of days being outside. I learned how to ride a bike at 3 years old, we climbed around trees in our secret backyard "fort", and we did crazy dangerous things like tie plant dollys onto bikes and get pulled around on them. Many scraps and bruises...I have the scars to prove of these happenings. 

I'm sure many of your childhoods looked the same. Today is a totally different age, and it's important to lead our kids outside, into the sun, to explore and get scraps and bruises!

Once I had kids of my own, I realized that a child will follow your example and actions when they are young. Raising active healthy kids is what I strive for in life! 

One way of showing our kid's what a healthy lifestyle looks like is taking them on runs with us. And this Sunday, on Father's Day, we are having the whole family participate in a walk/jog together! It's a great way to add activity in the day before we all pig out on yummy food (all daddy's favorites)! 

The second annual “Richard’s Father’s Day Family Walk/Jog” at 8 a.m. on Sunday, June 21st  at Ulele restaurant in Tampa Heights. 

100% of the proceeds will benefit the Advanced Prostate Cancer Collaboration (APCC) at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa! 

There is an option of a 1 mile or 5k course, which both start and finish at Ulele, one of my ultimate favorites! 

Come out and join us! Register online OR come early and register Sunday before the race!

Happy Father's Day to all amazing dads!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment