Sunday, May 20, 2012

Me muffins

Top of the mornin' to ya!
It's another Sunday, bright n sunny with a chance of rain a little later on.


Sophia is sleeping away as I type this. Her naps yesterday were nonexistent; she took MAYBE a total of a 30 minute nap during the entire day, so last night was a fight to get her to sleep. She finally wonked out around 9pm and slept pretty good until 6am this morning. She passed out for her morning nap about an hour ago after eating a little piece of muffin, strawberry & kiwi, and still sleeping away!


Yesterday we went for a run down beautiful Bayshore blvd
then to a friend's house for her birthday pool party where Sophia got to sport her new Strawberry bathing suit & hat. We spent most of the party in the pool because it was so hot out and Sophia loves to play & splash in the water. On our way home we stopped to eat at Outback Steakhouse. 
Funny thing about Outback: It's Angelo's fave restaurant and when I was pregnant we ate it once a week or MORE because not me, but ANGELO craved it. Now I limit it to about once every 2 months because I can't really stand it but Angelo still likes it. BLEH. 

Breakfast this morning was 2 eggs, an oatmeal banana muffin, and some strawberry & kiwi left over from slicing them up for Sophia.  
I made these muffins Friday night because I bought the world's worst banana's on Thursday and they were browning already by Friday morning. I knew I had to use them up quick or freeze them for smoothies. I froze half the bunch and used 2 for me delish muffins! I got the muffin recipe from Half Baked Baker and made some changes. Her recipe is gluten free,mine is not.


Banana Oatmeal Muffins

1 1/4 cup old-fashion rolled oats (not instant)
1 container (6oz) of nonfat plain greek yogurt (I used Fage)
1/2 cup almond milk (original)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 bananas, large, ripe, mashed
1 egg, large, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 400 ºF .

In a bowl mix together rolled oats, yogurt and milk. Let soak for 10 minutes.
Mix flour, salt, spices, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
Add brown sugar, mashed banana, egg and oil to rolled oats mixture. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to the rolled oats mixture. Mix well. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for  20 minutes. Enjoy ;)







This afternoon we're thinking about going over to the Fairgrounds to look at some boats at the Boat Show, then to the Farmer's marker. I love me some Farmer's Markets and try and drag Angelo to as many as I can. His only request is that we be home by 3pm for the Miami Heat game...wah wah wah! ;)
Hope you have a relaxing and/or productive Sunday! It's a beauitful day! 


Love, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment