Friday, May 18, 2012

Teething


TGIF!
Someone has a tooth coming in!!! I can feel it, barely see it, but it’s definitely there! Unfortunately teething comes with running a fever, crankiness, and a range of other symptoms. Sophia has been sleeping A LOT the past 2 days but only wants to be sleeping on me, so we’ve been spending a lot of time snuggling & catching up on our DVR shows.
My sleeping beauty

12 signs of teething: (source)
1. Drooling.  CHECK
2. Chin or face rash.
3. Coughing.
4. Biting.
5. Pain. CHECK
6. Irritability. CHECK
7. Refusal to feed. 
8. Diarrhea.
9. Low-grade fever. CHECK
10. Wakefulness.  CHECK
11. Gum hematoma.
12.Ear pulling; cheek rubbing CHECK

Sophia is having 6/12 of these symptoms.  
Yesterday we were very low-key & turned down going to lunch with our 2 besties. I knew Sophia was going to be a crank monster so we only left the house twice; once to go for a run (I think the fresh air did Sophia some good), then a quick trip to Publix to pick up some Almond milk. The rest of the day was spent on the couch watching the finale of Desperate Housewives (SO GOOD but can’t believe it’s really over!!) and the movie New Years Eve. Verdict: it was a cute movie, almost exactly like the Valentine’s Day movie.

Sophia woke up around 1am with a low grade fever, then again this morning at 7am. I gave her some infant Tylenol and a bath and her fever broke. She is currently sleeping (on my lap on the boppy) and I’m wondering if we should go do our Powerplate workout this morning. I’m thinking of just taking a run with her in the stroller instead since it seemed to help her yesterday.  At some point today we have to go to the mall & get Sophia a new bathing suit. ;) If she’s feeling better tomorrow we have a birthday pool party to go to!  

Well, I hope you guys have a great & healthy weekend!
Love,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment