Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm not vegan but I like vegan recipes


Good Morning Tuesday! 
Last night felt like we left Florida for a minute.

We found this little gem behind the restaurant we went to for girl's night. Ee went to a brand new place in town called Saladworks. It's kind of like a ColdStone but with salads. You can make your own or try one of their suggestions. They also have soups, sandwiches, and cookies! I ordered a half "Autumn Harvest" salad (romaine, craisins, dried apples, sunflower seeds, corn, and raspberry vinaigrette) with half Caprese sandwich. You could totally tell it's brand new and the 2 girls working weren't master's of the art. They forgot to put the tomato on my sandwich so I ate a grilled cheese. ;) I didn't mind, I never complain or ask to take my food back...it was still tasty. 

I wanted to share the recipe for the cinnamon raisin pancakes I made Saturday morning. Angelo loved them, so you know they're a keeper! I modified the recipe from Little Miss Healthy.

Cinnamon-Raisin Pancakes – vegan & sugar-free! woohoo!
Ingredients (made 5 medium sized pancakes)
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
dash nutmeg
dash of salt
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
Instructions
- Start by warming up your pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and raisins) together in a small mixing bowl. Make sure raisins are coated and not clumped together.
- Measure out your almond milk and stir it into the dry ingredients.  Stir batter gently just until thoroughly mixed.
- Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto a nonstick or greased pan/griddle/skillet and spread into a circle shape.
- Repeat with rest of batter. Flip pancakes after bubbles disappear and then cook on other side for additional 1-3 minutes.
- Serve hot & enjoy!

Yesterday I felt so overwhelmed with stuff to do and didn't get most of it done. This morning while eating my SCO I made a to-do list and already marked 2 things off! Sophia woke up earlier than normal so now I'm wide awake getting stuff done and she's back snoozing. Here's to a productive day!

Love, 
Alex

J is for…Jogging stroller!
I absolutely love my Joovy Jogging stroller. It could ultimately replace the Bugaboo stroller we splurged on…but I just couldn’t get rid of my beloved bugaboo ;)  If you only have the budget to get 1 stroller, get a jogging stroller. We use the jogging stroller almost every day whether it’s going on a run or just a stroll around the neighborhood to get out of the house. We’ve also used it to while out running errands if it just so happens to be the stroller in the trunk of the car at the time. It has more room for bags, drinks, etc than the other strollers, which you would think it’d be the other way around, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment