Saturday, August 23, 2014

Banana Blueberry Oat Protein Muffins

Hey! How was everyone’s week?

This week was officially the last week before school starts for my little preschooler on Monday. It’s been a LONG summer and I’m so happy for her to get back into school with her friends and learn learn learn! YAY! J (I guess I’m a little bit too excited?)

In all honesty, this summer has been a blast and I’ve really enjoyed the time I’ve been able to spend with my two girls. I say that like it’s been all smiles and puppy dog kisses, and some of you just read that and tilted your head like, “Really? Psh!” LOL! There have definitely been those days when I just want to crawl into bed, pull the sheets over my head, and become invisible for an hour or two. But overall, it’s been a fun filled summer.

We started it off with a trip to Miami for a summer kickoff vaca and the Miami Heat game (FYI: We’re no longer Miami Heat fans but that’s another post! HAHA It’s a husband thing…). 
We’ve done numerous play dates with our bffs at the aquarium, mall, Tampa Playgrounds, museum, and some lunch joints.  We’ve done the beach thing, Disney thing, boat thing, baseball game thing. I think we’ve completed our summer bucket list this year.

Tomorrow the summer will come to an end with a day of relaxation (Yeah right) I’m always down to church & brunch it up and sit on the couch the rest of the day, but the girls usually have other plans.  

So, in the spirit of school starting Monday, I wanted to post this muffin recipe. It’s been my go-to muffin recipe for the past couple of months because 1. They’re healthy and 2. Sophia eats them. Muffins are perfect for manic mornings, which I see in my future.
**This recipe has been adapted from a recipe I found on Pinterest…Original recipe can be found HERE**

Banana Blueberry Oat Protein Muffins
For 12 muffins

Ingredients
-2 c. old fashioned rolled oats (not the quick kind)
-1/4 cup JP+ Complete vanilla powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1/4 tsp cinnamon 
- 2 ripe bananas
-1 egg
-1/4 cup almond milk
-1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
-1/2 cup Earth Balance Coconut & peanut spread (any nut butter will do)
-1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions
-Preheat oven to 350.
-In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Mix gently.
-In another medium bowl mix together mashed bananas, egg, and nut butter, Add in milk and yogurt. Whisk until smooth. 
-Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until completely combined. Gently fold in the blueberries, reserving some to place on top of the muffins if you'd like.  
-Spray a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cups, filling about 3/4 way. Top each muffin with a few of the reserved blueberries.
-Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. 

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment