Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Veggetti & Simple Pasta Sauce Recipe

Zucchini Noodles! Are these not awesome or what?
What I did here:
I spiralized 2 zucchinis then sautéed them in some EVOO for a couple minutes so they still had a little crunch to them. I topped the noodles with artichoke hearts and a simple tomato sauce.  

I'm like SUPER excited about this new kitchen gadget! I bought it off Amazon for $13. Found HERE

There’s certain things in life that make you think “Ok, I’m getting old…” This is one of them.
I literally squealed and asked Angelo to take of picture of the amazingness that was happening.

Veggetti tips:
Since peeled zucchini are super slippery, leave skin on for spiralizing.
The cap didn’t work for me for when the zucchini got too short towards the end. It basically just started shredding the end.
The blades are no joke sharp so watch out while trying to clean it.
Go spiralize some veggies! Zucchini, squash, carrots, cucumbers, etc.

I almost never buy jarred pasta sauce anymore so I leave you with my super simple pasta sauce.Enjoy! 


Simple pasta sauce:

What you need:
1 Tbsp EVOO
2 tsp minced garlic
28oz can of peeled tomatoes
1 tbsp brown sugar
1-2 tsp salt or to taste
2-3 basil leaves

What you do:
In a large sauce pan, heat the EVOO with minced garlic.
While that’s heating, puree the canned tomatoes in a blender.
Pour tomato sauce in sauce pan, stir in sugar, salt, and basil leaves; and bring to boil
Once boiling, turn down heat to low, cover pan, and let simmer for up to 1 hour.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment