Weekend Funsies – Tampa
Labor Day Weekend is upon us! Time to stop wearing white (is that still a thing?) and break out the fall décor! Summer is officially coming to an end!! Who’s ready for some cooler temps?! (Raises hand!) Unfortunately we don’t really get cooler temps here in FL for a couple more months…sad face.
If you’re looking for fun stuff to do around Tampa, here are a few things to get you out of the house. But who wants to get out of the house in this heat?! Daring peeps, these are for you!
1. Gecko Fest in Gulfport celebrates the end of summer with live entertainment, costume contest, food vendors, and a parade. Fun stuff from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m on Saturday! http://geckofest.com/
2. If you’re a doggie lover and celebrated National Dog Day this week, head over to Royal Pets Market and Resort in Tampa for a Dog Day Festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m on Saturday. They’ll have free hot dogs for owners, photos, paw painting, on site adoptions, and more! Donations are welcome! 16010 Mapledale Drive, Tampa.
3. Labor Day Celebration in the Channelside district with a lighted Boat Parade and Fireworks on Sunday. Entertainment starts at 6 p.m. and lighted boat parade starts at 8 p.m. Channelside Bay Plaza, 615 Channelside Drive
4. Shephard’s on Clearwater Beach always has a big Labor Day party with Djs playing throughout the weekend starting Saturday. 619 S Gulfview Blvd., Clearwater Beach.
5. Tampa Bay Rays are in town all weekend with games Friday and Saturday night, and “Family Fun Day” on Sunday! Go Rays! (Bonus: the Trop field is indoors!)
6. Keep cool, out of the heat, and celebrate the Ghostbusters turning 30!!! This classic film featuring Bill Murray returns to theaters for one week! Find a theater and showtimes here