Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Tree Disaster & A new chicken recipe

It's Friday y'all!!! And oh how glad I am it is!! While this week was filled with many many blessings, it wasn't ALL blessings. 

For one, my Christmas tree is a complete disaster! You see, we have two fake Christmas trees in storage at our work office. For some reason, unknown to this universe, Angelo wanted to get a real one this year. (After spending $100s on the 2 fake ones last year...). So, he picked up a real tree on Monday and brought it home. We were told to let it "drop" before decorating it and still today, four days later, it's still shaped like it is wrapped up in twine, and it's crooked. And it sheds like CRAZY and it's driving me CRAZY!

This morning I  thought maybe if I decorate this ugly thing it'll look better. So I go to Target to get lights. Have you ever bought Christmas lights? These things aren't cheap. Add that amount to the $$$ already spent on this tree. Then, to pour sugar on top, I get home and one of the boxes of white lights was actually stuffed with colorful lights. So the tree is crooked, half lit, with tree needles shedding all over the floor. I mean seriously, I can't catch a break with this damn tree. At this point I'm entirely fed up with it that I want to throw it out the window!! I texted Angelo (after vacuuming for the 5th time today) and told him to bring home my wonderful angel-sent fake Christmas trees.PRONTO!

You know...none of this would of happened if we would of just put up our fake pre-lit trees in the first place. 

Anyways....I promised to post two different recipes this week and that hasn't happened...until now! 

This was dinner on Monday night. For the girls, I took some chicken and broccoli out of the skillet before pouring on the sauce since it was spicy. Angelo loved it and ate it all up!

Sweet & Spicy Chicken and Broccoli

What you’ll need:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 bag of broccoli florets
2 tbsp. EVOO
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. Sriracha hot sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
2 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. brown sugar
4 tbsp. flour

What you do:
In a small bowl mix together the sesame oil, hot sauce, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and flour.
Prepare ice bath for broccoli. (This will be used to “blanch” the broccoli after boiling it)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add broccoli. Let boil for about 4 minutes and then immediately transfer to ice bath to stop cooking. Set aside.
Heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook completely.
Add broccoli to chicken skillet and reduce heat to medium.
Add sauce to skillet.
Stir to coat all chicken and broccoli. Keep cooking for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Serve over quinoa or rice.
ENJOY!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment