Friday, February 6, 2015

Quack Attack and Friday Faves

TGIF! This week has been weirdly long. Yesterday I felt like the week was flying by, but then I think back and remember the Super Bowl was Sunday and that seems like ages away. Time is a funny thing. 

This morning has been productive, but only if you call spending an hour trying to save a duck's life productive.

I was in my office, which is right next to the back sliding doors. My dogs start going bananas and I instantly freeze up thinking there's someone on my back porch. Like a ninja, I creep over to the sliding doors and peak out from behind the curtains. I see this...
He scurries out the screen door, after he poops on the patio of course. I give him a few minutes to get out of the yard before I squeeze out the backdoor to make sure he's gone. I didn't want to let the dogs out before I knew the duck had gone into the safety zone (anywhere BUT our yard).  I find him on the side of the house (fenced in) looking for a way out. I start walking towards him and the door to open it. He starts ridiculously quacking at me and runs in the opposite direction back towards the screened area. I literally chase him around the yard, in and out of the pool screen, through the playground, all while I can hear the dogs trying to break through the glass door. I finally get him out of the yard and off into the wildness he went. I don't know why he never flew off, so I'm assuming his wings are hurt... poor thing. Hope he found his flock of friends!


Friday Faves
I'm almost done with this book and I've gotta say I've enjoyed it! I read Tina Fey's Bossy Pants right before this, and they are similar. 

Popkey App on the iPhone - animated GIF Keyboard. Emojis on another level!

My Tower Garden - If you follow me on Instagram (<--click it) you've seen my TG updates every month. When I planted the seeds I had a piece of paper mapping it all out, but that paper somehow got lost, torn up, or covered in chocolate milk, so I had no idea what half these plants were on my TG. I've had tomatoes and cucumbers popping up left and right but I just found the first pepper! I have a pepper plant!
Speaking of Vegetables... :)


Starbucks is getting Coconut Milk!!!! While I'm not a huge Starbucks fan, make most of my luscious lattes at home, and love to support my local coffee shops as much as I can; I wanted to share this fabulous news to everyone who is a Starbucks lover! Choices, we love choices!

Teen Born Deaf Hears Dad's Voice for First Time {chills}

Jimmy Fallon - he may be on even single one of my "Friday Faves" posts, but he is such an amazing comedian. The entertainment doesn't stop! Check out the YouTube channel I can't get enough of. You have to check out the Saved By The Bell (Why do they all look exactly the same as they did in the 1990's?!)  and Lipsynching videos. 

DelGrosso Sunday Marinara Sauce - I usually make all my marinara sauces from scratch, but if you're in a pinch and need some good sauce in minutes, this jarred sauce is the first I've tasted to coming anywhere near close to homemade!

Hope you all had a wonderful week!
What are your plans for the weekend?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment