Tuesday, March 31, 2015

RECIPE: Lemon Chicken & Asparagus

Hey y'all!!

It's Tuesday afternoon and this is my first post this week! I love when I get texts from family and friends saying, "ummm where's the daily blog post?!" It makes me feel like I actually write this for someone besides myself. I like to think that anyways.. :)

The stomach bug has officially left our household and probably moved on to many others, unfortunately. It continues to go around and around and will eventually make it's way back to us...hopefully not for quite some time!

Since I didn't come into the office on Friday, yesterday was spent catching up on my catch up work. I'm still not fully caught up from the whole move and writing this right now certainly isn't helping. BUT I can't leave my blog readers too long!! Right?! Priorities. 

Then this morning was a PTA meeting at school, so it's about noon and I just sat down at my desk for the day. Just one of those weeks where you feel like nothing is getting done but you're actually doing A LOT! 

Anyways, I come to you with gifts. TWO Recipes! Double dose of food today and I hope you like them!!

This first one was adapted from SkinnyTaste.com
Lemon Chicken & Asparagus

What you’ll need:
2 tsp. grapeseed or olive oil
3-4 organic skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized cubes or strips
½ cup chicken broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
6 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste
What you do:

Clean, cube, and season chicken with salt.
Heat 2 tsp oil a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add asparagus and garlic.
Cook for 3-5 minutes until garlic is golden. Set aside.
In a small cup mix together water and cornstarch
In the same skillet, add the other tsp oil and chicken. Turn and cook thoroughly. Set aside with asparagus once cooked.
Add the soy sauce and chicken broth into the empty skillet and bring to boil. Add cornstarch mixture and lemon juice and stir well.
Add back the chicken and asparagus into the skillet and mix well with sauce.
Serve & Enjoy!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing! Always on the hunt for healthy chicken recipes! xx

    Audrey | http://www.keygypsy.com

    ReplyDelete