Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A reminder to Count Your Blessings

This weekend was about remembering those who died for our country, our freedom, our rights as Americans. I have a few living veterans in my family, and a few deceased ones. Thankful for them all. <3 It's quite the emotional weekend for many around the country. But it's not ONLY this weekend that's emotional for those who've lost loved ones.

Reflecting back on this weekend, and just thinking about what this weekend meant, it truly opened my eyes to my multitude of blessings. 

First I thought about my family. My husband. My girls. 

Then I went to the simple things we take for granted. 
Clean water to drink. 
A place to call home. 
Shoes on my feet.   
The ability to walk
Functioning fingers and brain to write this post

It's when you open your eyes and think about the millions of people around the world who don't even have these simple things, that you truly feel grateful and even privileged. Who am I to complain? About anything?

There has been a lot of heartache and sadness surrounding me and my friends and family the past couple weeks. Unfortunate circumstances. Life.

And when that happens, I usually think, "well, I must be next."
My way of thinking is if it can happen to you, it can happen to me. No matter what it is. 
I am a true believer of the phrase "Anything is possible".

When you're in the middle of the darkness it's hard to see anything positive in your life. 
So if you're going through a hard time in in your life, I challenge you to stop and look around. 
Count your blessings. 

When we complain we are forgetting about our many blessings. 
So stop today, look around you. Because what we take for granted, even if it's that's piece of chicken you just ate for lunch or your ability to walk, someone else is praying for it with all their heart.


It's Tuesday! Short work week, something to celebrate!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment