Thursday, May 21, 2015

Eggplant Caprese Recipe

Hey guys! Happy Thursday!!
How are you doing?

I just got back from Sophia's Last Day of School Performances!! I can't believe today was her last day of school and she's currently sitting next to me, at the office,singing...still on that performance high I'm guessing. ;) More on that later...

My last post hinted at what my next few recipes posts will be: EGGPLANT! 
I have a lot of eggplant ready to be picked from the TowerGarden so eggplant is on the menu...almost everyday. JK...kind of.

The other night we made two different dishes with the eggplant. Eggplant Caprese and Eggplant Gratin. Both were absolutely delicious! It's funny because I rarely buy eggplant and cook them. So, when I started the TowerGarden I knew I wanted to plant something that I don't normally buy. This way it will encourage me to eat them! 
Turns out my entire family loves eggplant and so far have devoured every dish I've cooked with them. Great Stuff! 



Grilled Eggplant Caprese Stacks

What you’ll need:
1 bunch of basil leaves
1.5 cups EVOO
2 garlic cloves
1 eggplant, sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
1 ball mozzarella, sliced
Salt & Pepper

What you do:
Blend together basil, EVOO, and garlic in a food processor. 
Marinate the sliced tomatoes and eggplant in the sauce for 20-45 minutes. Season lightly with salt & pepper.
Keep out some of the marinade to top your stacks at the end.
On a grill or stove top griddle, grill eggplant on medium heat until soft & you see grill marks.
Grill tomatoes on one side for about 2 minutes.
Stack the eggplant, mozzarella, and tomato.
Top each stack with a tsp of the saved marinade and/or basil leaf.

Enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment