Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hyde Park Village Blogger Stroll

Last week I had the pleasure of strolling around the beautiful Hyde Park Village with some fellow Tampa Bay Bloggers. We were wined and dined; and shopped til' we dropped! 

I have been to Hyde Park Village many many times. To shop, eat, and for the fresh markets, so I thought I would of been in a "been there, done that" mood. It was quite the opposite!

I did not expect the glam and new found loves I experienced on this stroll. 

I started the night checking out all the shops. I figured I'd get all the shopping done with, then head to the restaurants and end the night on a happy tummy.

Let's get started before we run out of day light!


The Shops:

I am in love! So much so that I've already been back. Two times in one week? That's worse than Target! Paper source has so many unique things, from both small businesses and national retailers. They carry one of my favorite brands: Ban.do ! I've followed them on Instagram for a while now and didn't even know I could buy their stuff in store! Paper Source also holds DIY workshops to help you bring your creative side out! 





Francesca's offers beautiful unique clothing and jewelry, plus fun gifts and a great little book collection!



Park Apothecary
All the smell goods! Lotions, candles, soaps, shower accessories, infusers, etc. All the luxuries for home and body!


I'm not sure this even needs an introduction. Everyone knows how comfy these clothes are..right?! If not, go check out their workout clothes because they are the closest thing to working out naked...without all the awkwardness. So comfy! 
I was surprised to find out they recently added some street clothes to the mix, including a LBD I have my eye on. 


All hail the Lululemon pants



Being in this spot for about a year, I've passed by J.McLaughlin several times, not once giving it a look inside. I was pleasantly surprised as I made my way in. I want to mention J.McLaughlin's Catalina Cloth  fabric. It's wrinkle free and super durable, perfect for traveling and just to have in your closet for that staple fall or summer dress you want to last for years!





Don Me Now

Ladies, this is a boutique you need to go to! All the clothes and accessories were stylish, affordable, and on every girl's want list! We were given a "Styling Staples" postcard with style essentials every women should have in her closet. Just in the 15 minutes I spent with Danielle in the boutique, I felt more stylish already ;)





Do you know someone who has their monogram ON EVERYTHING?! Send them to DixieLand Monogram, and join them! Dixieland offers everything you can think of from home decor, office supplies, phone cases, clothing, baby gear, and jewelry. Slap your monogram on everything while you're at it! Hey all my Plant City friends, this one is for you! ;)

Who wouldn't love a store when you're greeted by this beauty?!



Albisia

If I had to describe Albisia in two words it would be Simple and Elegant. All jewelry is handcrafted right there at the store! The store is amazing and the individuality and creativity that is put into each piece of jewelry is jaw-dropping. 


The workshop

Salt Pines
If you live in Florida (hi!) there is something in this store for you! Catering to the Florida lifestyle, Salt Pines offers clothes and accessories, plus the biggest Bourbon & Bowtie collection I've ever seen in a store. They have partnered with Smathers & Branson to bring us these exclusive needlepoint products featuring the Florida Flag. 



Carlton Ward is an environmental photojournalist from Clearwater, FL. Mr. Ward bring us beautiful pictures of the Florida wildlife to help with conservation. Makes you want to go out and enjoy where these amazing photos were taken. #LoveFL





I'm already married, but I totally think it's unfair I got married 7 years ago! You know, before Pinterest and my knowledge of THIS bridal shop! Ashley showed us how you can take a simple elegant bridal gown and add accessories to make it custom to you! So fun! Who's getting married next? I'll help you try on dresses! ;)











I could browse this huge store all day. Not only are their clothes, accessories, and home decor amazing, the staff is so helpful and friendly! Anthropologie offers FREE personal stylist services, and we got a small glance into that glamorous world while we were there. 

Before a West Elm store existed near me, I received their catalog and dreamed out decorating my future home in ALL.THE.THINGS! 



Hyde Park Village is home to both Pottery Barn & Pottery Barn Kids. You honestly can't go wrong with either of these stores. 







Let's move on to the foods and drinks!

The Eats

Timpano Italian Chophouse

Timpanos is a great date night option and a staple in Hyde Park Village. We were greeted by their manager, Frank, who could not have been more friendly. Who isn't friendly when they have a tray of martini's in their hand? LOL

My favorites were the Pear-fect Martini and Farmer's Market Gimlet. 

We sampled some good food including the Fire-Roasted meatballs, Short-rib Flat bread, Calamari, and Tuna Tartare. The meatballs were a fave!





The Wine Exchange is another Hyde Park Village staple. We were treated to a Rose flight and my favorite was the Renegade. It was sweet with a tart finish, perfect for a Summer night!



I have enjoyed Piquant since I discovered it a few years back. Chef Rosana can do no wrong with her French handcrafted cocktails and delicious cuisine! FYI: We were some of the firsts to try their new Banana Creme Brulee Cronut, and my mouth is watering typing this! It's a must!
How cute is the Piquant wait area? 


Chef Rosana made us samples of their Don Monsieur. A grilled short-rib sandwich topped with a Béchamel sauce. 

Not pictured: Duck Poutine. You want to know why this isn't pictured? Because I gobbled it up like I hadn't eaten in weeks. This was my first time having a poutine..consider me an #addict .



I went back to meet Alisha for lunch on Friday and enjoyed their French Cuban. 


Redevelopment Project
If you've been to Hyde Park Village lately, you probably noticed all the construction going on, currently by Timpano and Anthropologie. I was told the project is being conducted in phases, this being it's 1st phase. I visited the management office and took these photos for you to see what's in Hyde Park Village's future!




I hope you've enjoyed this virtual stroll through Hyde Park Village! I know this post has been monstrously long, but there is still so much more! 

In addition to everything we visited here there is BarTaco, Aveda Level Salon, Blue Moon Trading Company, Color Me Mine, Downtown Dogs, Juxtapose Apparel & Studio, and L.A. Fitness. 

Hyde Park Village also hosts a Fresh Market on the 1st Sunday of every month! I have been multiple times and it keeps getting bigger with more vendors!

XOXO

 **Disclaimer: Thanks to Tampa Bay Bloggers, I was attended the Hyde Park Village Stroll for social media love and this blog post. All opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment