Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekend Recap: Busy Days & Disney Days

Hey guys!!

How are you doing this fine Monday morning?

I'm sorry I've been M.I.A since Wednesday, it's got incredibly busy on Thursday and Friday morning we woke up and left to go have some fun at Disney World! (Probably our best time yet!)

Thursday morning was kind of insane. It was the Teacher's Welcome Back Breakfast at school and the first board meeting for the Preschool Parent Board I'm on. I put myself down to bring in a Vegan Banana Bread, and I was expecting to make it Wednesday night, not thinking we'd be at Sophia's birthday dinner all night. Wednesday night came and went and I still had no bread to bring to the teacher's. So, at 5:30 am I was in the kitchen baking.


We dropped the bread off at the school, went to breakfast at Panera, dropped Sophia off at the last day of Dance Camp, went to the board meeting, went to Penelope's swim lesson, came back and picked Sophia up after watching their performance.

Finally at 4 pm I made it to the gym. I went there to get a few miles in on the treadmill, but when I got there I noticed people signing up for a H.I.I.T class that started in a couple minutes. So I joined the herd, and so glad I did! What a refreshing class. It was something different, and a great workout! I do a lot of my own HIIT when we're on vacation in hotel rooms, or at home when I only have 5-10 minutes to spare. It's quick, you can make it as hard as you want, and it makes you break a good sweat!

After the gym we picked up Sophia's birthday cake, home to shower, then off to Anthony's to celebrate Sophia with family over some pizza.

The rest of the weekend was pretty magical. We arrived at Magic Kingdom around 11 am and started getting our Fast Passes out of the way. I got a Fast Pass to go on Peter Pan, because its the only ride we haven't been on in the past couple years. I was so excited because the line for Peter Pan is always outrageous...usually over 50 minutes. Let's just say I will probably never wait in line for that ride again. Unless you're desperate for a 4 minute ride in A/C, it's not worth anything over a 25 minute wait. Does anyone else feel the same?

Since it was Sophia's birthday we did whatever she wanted after the fast passes. And that meant meeting all the characters she could possibly meet. We bought her one of those autograph books, and she was so tunnel minded about getting autographs! This meant we stood in line for 45 minutes to meet some people. Including these two.

We had dinner reservations at 4pm at Cinderella's Castle. At 3 pm I was getting desperate for Nelpe to take a nap. I knew she was going to be an absolute horror at dinner if she didn't. You know what got her to finally take a nap. The People Mover!! (Angelo's idea so I have to give him credit) A nice hour nap for Nelpe, then we were off to Cinderella's Castle!!
I couldn't stop taking pictures of this beauty. I LOVE how Sophia's eyes light up and shouts "Cinderella's Castle!!!"  every time she sees it. Never gets old!


Dinner at Cinderella's Castle is a MUST DO, at least one time. It's pretty pricey, but for a special occasion, especially for a little girl who loved princesses, you can't beat it. Look for a post dedicated to this experience later this week! ;)

After dinner, we decided to hit up the hotel. We stayed at the Disney Beach Club Resort, our first Disney hotel experience with the kids. 






I think it goes without saying it was a weekend to remember! I wish we had more time to spend in Orlando this weekend, but Angelo had to get back for a Bachelor party on Saturday night. 
Sunday was the normal routine with church, hanging out, and getting some biking in before the rain started up. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! 

This week we're celebrating something special on the blog! Stay tuned for another post later today!!

XOXO


                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment