Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Beef Roast with Vegetables

Sorry guys, I totally forgot to post this recipe yesterday. Did you even notice?! ;) If you follow me on Instagram (@al2getherFIT) I posted a picture of this beautiful roast and commented that I would post the recipe Tuesday Morning....obviously I lied. I won't do that again, scouts honor!

I was running around town all morning yesterday. When I got home, I sat at my computer and got some serious work done! Felt pretty accomplished yesterday until about 3pm rolled around. Then the kids were going absolutely bananas! I found Nelpe drawing all over her leg with a permanent marker in the living room, and Sophia somehow managed to get yogurt, cheese, and pretzels all over the couch. I found it odd that the dogs were licking the couch to death, until I walked over and noticed cheese crumbles all over the place. THEN I noticed the fridge door wide open...how long was that open for? Your guess is as good as mine. You see, this is what happens when you try to work and watch 2 kids at the same time. They obviously do whatever they want when no one is looking for 0.2 seconds. Kids can destroy an entire house in record time. I just don't understand how things happen some times. 

Anyways, we ate this Beef Roast Monday night and last night for dinner (love me some left overs). It was my first roast I've ever done and it was delicious!! I loved the juiciness of the beef and the sweetness of the carrots and potatoes made me feel like I was eating something unhealthy, but it wasn't!! That's that goodness I like!


Beef Roast with Vegetables

What you’ll need:
2 – 3 lb. organic beef chuck roast
EVOO
Salt & Pepper
1 large onion, chopped
4 carrots, peeled and diced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tbsp. Tomato paste
Red wine
Beef broth


What you do:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large sauté pan on the stove, heat 2 tbsp of EVOO over medium heat.
Sauté the onions, carrots, and potatoes for 3-5 minutes.
Place vegetables into bottom of a roasting pan.
Season chuck roast with salt.
In the sauté pan, with EVOO, sear the top and bottom of the chuck roast for 2 minutes, each side.
Transfer chuck roast on top of vegetables in roasting pan.
Deglaze the sauté pan with red wine. Add tomato pasta, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
Pour liquid over chuck roast in roasting pan.
Season with pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder.
Cover and bake for 4 hours.
Enjoy!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment