Friday, January 16, 2015

Whole Wheat, No Sugar Banana Bread

TGIF! I've just been popping out recipe after recipe this week. :) 

The weather has been extra gloomy here in Tampa this whole week. Like where's the sunshine?!  I'll tell you where it is...

It's in this banana bread!

I made this for the family I cooked the baby meal for on Wednesday. I doubled the recipe and made two, so I could have some of the deliciousness to myself. I shouldn't have done that.

Sophia & I almost ate the entire loaf on Wednesday night when it came out of the oven.
That's how good this banana bread was! I sweetened it with honey and those tiny smiles (aka chocolate chips), so it's not really sweet, but it's perfect in it's own healthy way. It's probably not so healthy if you eat the entire loaf in one sitting, so please refrain yo'self!



What you’ll need:
3 overripe bananas
1 large egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
½ cup applesauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Handful of chocolate chips



What you do:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mash bananas.
Add rest of ingredients and mix until well combined.
Pour batter into lightly greased loaf pan.
Add slices of bananas to top of batter and sprinkle with oats and chocolate chips.
Bake for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Let cool.
Enjoy!



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment