Thursday, January 22, 2015

Songs guaranteed to get you PUMPED UP!

Hey you guys!! It's Thursday, and it's been a pretty good week so far! I've been getting a fair share of work accomplished, house has had multiple showings, and may I add that the weather has been incredible for running!? Good vibrations!

For the past two months, I've been running to Taylor Swift's voice. You'd think I'd be sick of her 1989 album by now, and I officially am. With an amped up running schedule and races in my future, I set time aside to dedicate to my Running Playlist. Usually once I create a new playlist it will last me months. I’ll just add a couple newer songs here and there and be satisfied. 
I like to have a mix of new and old songs on my playlists. There are a ton of songs out there that literally never get old, and then some that get old REAL fast, so it's always good to have a variety. Here is a list of songs that may have been around for awhile, but still give you the same amount of energy that you would find in your can of Red Bull. 


"You shook me all night long" - AC/DC
Almost impossible to stay still during this one. Even if it's just to break out the air guitar. 

"Pour Some Sugar on me" - Deff Leppard
Engage fantasy music video mode, but don't embarrass yourself at the gym or on the streets.

"Good Vibrations" - Marky Mark
Don't
get injured trying to dance while running. Safety First.  

"This Is How We Do It" – Montell Jordan
This is how we run that extra mile. 


Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)”- C+C Music Factory
Sweating is the overall goal here. Reminds me of the dance sequence in Old School

Push It” - Salt-N-Pepa
Perfect for when your workout feels endless. Just push it baby!(Note to self: learn all these dance moves)


"I Need Your Love" ft. Ellie Goulding - Calvin Harris
This duo is a good thing for workouts everywhere.


"Danza Kurduro" - Don Omar
Have to add some Spanish in the mix. That's advice for everything in life. ;)


"Call on me" - Eric Prydz
Well, have you seen this music video?!

"Lose Control" - Missy Elliott 
Anything by Missy Elliott takes me back to my cheerleading days. Pure energy.

“Little Lion Man” -  Mumford & Sons
This song got me through one of the last miles of a Rock n Roll Half Marathon. Two words: Dueling Banjos


Lose Yourself” -  Eminem
For when you Lose yourself, as in, when you no longer feel your arms or legs. Just keep going!

We Found Love” - Rihanna
Every time I hear this song I want to spread my arms out wide and twirl.


The Edge of Glory” - Lady Gaga
Used for the NBA Playoffs last year, this track in your ears will help you win...at whatever!



XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment