Tuesday, April 17, 2012

B is for Baby

How can 'B' NOT be for baby at this moment in my life?

Last night was GN, but only myself & 2 other girls were able to make it. We went to a place called Shrimp Boat, a little mom-n-pop place in town. We all got a different meal & split them, so dinner was a plate full of coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi, and crab cakes with a side salad. I brought the left overs home for Angelo since there was still so much. I was shrimped out! 
This morning I ate some Steel Cut Oats with a 1/2 a banana and walnuts for breakfast. When I tried to put Sophia down for her morning nap she wasn't having it but started to get super fussy. At that point I knew we had to get out of the house. So off to BuyBuyBaby we went. Afterwards we went to a friend's house to take a nice 3 mile stroll together.

Baby food
I’ve been making Sophia’s baby food since she started eating solids. At first I bought  a couple jars from the store to make sure I was getting the consistency right when I pureed them. I bought the Organic Earth’s Best baby food, only the ones without the preservatives. If it had anything other than water and the food, I didn’t buy it. I found out that almost all the baby foods that have fruit in them will have preservatives. I also go through the baby food aisle to get inspiration on different recipes.
Foods Sophia LOVES: Bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, pineapple, squash, pears, pieces of wheat bread

BuyBuyBaby
Today we made a trip to BuyBuyBaby. Always a dangerous place (for the bank account). While cleaning out the self-made junk room I found a package of bottles, bottle cleaner, and tons of nipple replacements. With a cabinet full of every brand of bottle known to man, I knew they’d never get used at least with Sophia, so we got out of the house and returned them this morning in exchange for all this!
GreenSprout food storage containers, 2 Organic Food Puffs (Sweet Potato & Spinach), 2 sippy cups, Sippy Cup holder, Boob Pads, Tshirt, Face wipes, Goodnight Moon & Love you Forever Books! Talk about a deal right?!

Now we have to catch up on some online work, then do some painting around the house. There is still so much to do.. -__-

Love, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment