Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Food...the way to my heart

This Valentine's day was full of foooood! We cooked breakfast, lunch, & dinner which meant an entire day spent in the kitchen. I even got some use out of my polka-dotted apron that I've used a total of 3 times since I received it as a wedding present. I'm not a messy cook so what's the point? 
Breakfast: Heart shaped whole wheat pancakes, all-natural organic bacon, and scrambled eggs.


Lunch: Ropa Vieja Empanadas with plantains



Dinner: New York Strips, bacon wrapped scallops, & baked potatoes. Chocolate covered strawberries for dessert (it's a tradition).  Angelo is one of those husbands you see standing in line at Godiva on V-day. 


It was a nice, quiet, romantic night at the house, and I wouldn't of wanted it any other way. Perfecto. 
Every day I get to spend with all these goobers is Valentine's Day! 


Today we have a packed day of PowerPlate workout, Gymboree Level 2!, and Sophia's 6month doc check up. Hope everyone has a happy hump day!


Love, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment