Friday, February 3, 2012

National Carrot Cake Day!

All Fridays are good but this Friday is National Carrot Cake day!!! I DIE for carrot cake! Especially fresh, warm cake with hot gooey icing...UHHH-mazing! My mouth is watering. 


The best "store-bought" carrot cake I've had was from J Alexander's restaurant. I took a bite and died a happy woman. Outback steakhouse & Publix Grocery Store are runner ups. The best "homemade" carrot cake I've had was actually a Vegan Carrot Cake made by my fabulous sister for my father's birthday a couple years ago. I'll never forget it and I'm mad at myself for not asking her to make it for me when she was visiting for the holidays! Next time!


Now that I think of it, I've never made a straight up carrot cake. I've made Carrot Cake muffins & Carrot Cake cheesecake (one of my Thanksgiving desserts). So I think I'll make one soon...maybe as a birthday present to myself this month. 


Here are some fun recipes for all things carrot cake!


Carrot Cake Ice Cream @ The Cooking of Joy

Vegan Carrot Cake Cookies @ Always Order Dessert

And here's the Carrot Cheesecake I made for Thanksgiving
from BetterHomes&Gardens (sorry no picture)


Everyone go have a bite or 10 of carrot cake today! 
Love, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment