Monday, February 27, 2012

Techie Break at the Beach

Hey! Sorry it’s been 4 days since I've posted but I was in Miami taking a break from LIFE. Sometimes you just need that little break to re-energize your mind & body. It was a BLAST and I wish I could hit Repeat.
Thursday we packed up the car and hit the road. Four hours and one “stretch stop” for Sophia later, we were in Miami. We went to Bayside for dinner which is at the Port of Miami and right nect to the American Airlines Arena. After dinner we went to cheer on the Miami Heat as they played LINsanity & the rest of the NY Knicks. Sophia has done extremely well in all sporting events she’s been to.


Friday was probably the best birthday I’ve ever had. We rented out a cabana by the pool at the Fontainebleau hotel. Angelo & I sipped champagne (fancy, huh?) while Sophia fell in love with floating around in the pool. The Fontainebleau is my favorite hotel of all time and we try to make a trip there at least once a year. Friday night we were completely worn out and ordered dinner to go and ate in the hotel room. Happy birthday to me!


Saturday was an adventure. We ventured out to South Beach which was PACKED because of the South Beach Food & Wine Festival going on. We got out there pretty early so were able to rent a couple chairs with an umbrella close to the water. If you’ve never been to the beach with a baby, let me tell you it’s no easy task. It was hot, sand was everywhere, and Sophia hated the ocean. I think the waves scared her. We’ll stick to the pool from now on. We strolled around South Beach the rest of the day and ate lunch at Big Pink, a south beach staple. Saturday night we met up with Angelo’s sister and husband in Coral Gables for some Thai food at Siam Oishi.

Sunday was the day of travel back home after we met back up with Angelo’s sister for brunch at a Jewish Deli with some good home cookin’! Freshest bagels ever!
Last night we stopped at my parents for a birthday dinner for my older brother & I (our birthdays are 1 day part) and also picked up the puppies who were staying at grandma & grandpas. We missed them!

What a wonderful weekend! It was full of Firsts for Sophia and us. For exercise, we spent a lot of the weekend walking, which is one of the things I like about Miami beach! We saw a lot of Power Plate studios around Miami which was pretty cool! Do you always get exercise in while on a vacation? I always plan to, but most of the time never actually hit the hotel gym. Carrying a baby and all the heavy bags filled with all the necessities was enough for us this weekend. ;)

Next post is about Traveling with a baby! Eye yi yi, travel will never be the same. 
Hope everyone has a great Monday.

LOVE, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment