Pizza is one of my all-time favorite meals and I don’t think I’m alone on this one. When it’s good it’s amazing and when bad, it’s still pretty good. It’s one of those things that can you eat and say “Man, this isn’t that good” but still sit there and eat it. Homemade pizza and a bottle of wine is a staple meal in our home. It’s so incredibly easy to make from scratch especially when using the KitchenAide Mixer.I've been using this recipe for the past couple of years and it’s a keeper!
Crust ready for the oven
Topped with shredded BBQ chicken, sweet onion, baby bella mushrooms, & cheese.
Hot & ready to eat!
I always eat my pizza with lots of red pepper flakes!
Fun Fact: we had our rehearsal dinner at a pizza place. Pizza & beer!
Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (Adapted from EatingWell)
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 package quick-rising yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1package of Truvia
½ tablespoon of Garlic Power
3/4 cup hot water
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter of choice, melted
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, salt, Truvia, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Use fork to mix. Combine hot water and oil in a measuring cup. With the mixer running, gradually pour in enough of the hot liquid. Process until the dough forms a nice ball. (If it’s sticky, add more flour. If it’s dry, add more hot water.)
- Take the dough ball out of bowl, spray bottom of bowl with cooking spray and put dough back in. Cover bowl with towel and let dough rest for atleast 20 minutes.
- Roll out pizza dough onto a pizza pan or stone. Spread some of the melted butter all over the dough. Put in oven (lowest rack) for 4 minutes.
- Take out of oven and top with sauce, cheese, and toppers of choice. Spread rest of melted butter onto the outside crust of pizza.
- Put back into oven for 10-12 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!