Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Faves

TGIF...Like for real! 

It’s been “one of those days” for the past couple days. First Sophia was sick at the beginning of the week and now it’s been past to Nelpe. 

She was absolutely miserable last night with a stuffy nose and didn't get much sleep…which means I didn't get much sleep.  Every time I laid her down she’d cry and scream. 

At 1:30 a.m I decided to give her a warm bath, and once I put her in the tub she was as happy as a little clam! I think she could have sat there all night if I let her, but after 30 minutes, I couldn't bear to sit there with my eyes open any longer. I got her out and attempted to put her to sleep. She wasn’t having it and the only thing that helped at that point was rocking in the rocking chair with her sitting up leaning on me. So that’s what we did…until 5 a.m. 

I don’t remember falling asleep but I suddenly woke up with a terrible pain in my neck and transfered her into bed as motionless and quiet as possible. #MomPowers

I opened my eyes again at 6:15 and almost cried that I had to get up. My eyes were on fire. A big cup of coffee later and up I was, starting the day. 

Since it's Friday, why don't we do some...
Friday Faves!

SLEEP - I need it, I want it, and I gotta have it! No joke.

COFFEE - Without much sleep, coffee becomes your best friend. More specially Buddy Brew's Cigar City Cubano Espresso becomes my best friend. This coffee is not only delicious but it's local! Love and Love, and love again.
Check out this hilarious BuzzFeed List: Yep Coffee basically owns me. 


Quick Breakfast Items - Every morning when Sophia wakes up I ask her what she wants for breakfast. She usually says easy stuff like a bagel, cereal, cereal bar, or strawberries. When she started asking for pancakes, I immediately was like, "Ummm silly child, I don't have time to cook pancakes", But then I remembered I had Kodiak Cakes Flapjack mix in the pantry! They're so easy and so fluffy! 

   A. Kodiak Cakes FlapJack & Waffle Mix
   Mr. Strawberry-Face Pancake says Good Morning!


B. Van's Frozen Gluten Free Waffles 
These are also a go - to breakfast item for Sophia.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment