Friday, November 21, 2014

Massage Appointment with KALE

Happy happy Friday!! 

I wish I had a massage appointment with a masseuse, but with a 1 year old attached to my hip, that's sadly only for special occasions (like once every 3 years). Oh the struggles...

Anyways, I found a new love in the kitchen and it's name is Massaged Kale. If you're like me, you never really hopped on the "KALE IS THE BEST THING EVER!" train. Don't shoot me but I think kale chips are gross crunchy leaves. I've homemade them and bought them and both were discarded. 

The only things I make with kale that I truly enjoy are smoothies, soups, and salads using the Sweet Kale salad mix (pictured below). It also happens to be one of the only salad mixes that my husband actually asks for! When my husband actually asks me to make a specific salad, you better believe I made that salad ALL.THE.TIME.
It is a broccoli, brussel sprout, cabbage, and kale mix that comes with a packet of craisins, pumpkin seeds, and a light poppy seed dressing to top. I always add tomato, avocado, balsamic vinegar, and whatever else I have at the moment. 

This week we've been on a massaged kale kick and to my surprise, the husband devours it without me having to remind him to eat that green stuff on his plate. Yes, that happens.

If you want a kale salad that my green-dodging husband approves of, make this salad!

Massaged Kale Autumn Salad
What you’ll need:
1 bunch of kale (about 4-5 cups)
Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
2 tbsp EVOO
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 diced apple (I like honeycrisp)
¼ cup craisins

What you do:
Wash kale and pat dry. Strip the leaves off the stems and discard stems. Tear kale leaves into bite size pieces and put into large bowl.
Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
With your hands, firmly squeeze and massage the oil mixture into kale leaves for about 30 seconds.
Add in diced apple and craisins.
Give a little toss and sprinkle with freshly grated cheese.
ENJOY!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment