Friday, November 7, 2014

Homemade Skinny Cesar Dressing

The other day I was scanning through some recipes and a Chicken Cesar wrap caught my eye. I thought, "I haven't had one of those in a long time and it looks really good!" So I set out to make my own Cesar dressing.

After looking at multiple recipes, I briefly came to the conclusion that I just couldn't do it. Blend up some anchovies? Um, no thanks...not in my kitchen! :)

But wait! I read in some comments that Worcestershire sauce would be a good alternative to anchovies. Perfect! So, I altered Skinny Taste's Cesar dressing recipe to exclude anchovies and it was delicious! I tossed it with a a big bowl of chopped romaine lettuce, added some baked garlic chicken, and rolled up in a wrap.




Homemade "skinny" Cesar Dressing
What you’ll need:
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tsp minced garlic
½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tbsp EVOO
5 tbsp 0% fat Greek Yogurt

What you do:
In a food processor or blender, add the cheese, the lemon juice, garlic, mustard and the Worcestershire sauce. Blend together for about 20 seconds.  Add the oil and yogurt and let the machine run for another 15 seconds.
ENJOY!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment