Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Burnt the Kale

Hey! It's Work It Out Wednesday! Did you participate or was it more a Hump day for you? I got my Power Plate groove on this morning with a pretty hard workout (mostly arms today) followed by playtime at Gymboree (another arm workout with Sophia).


This morning I woke up and walked in the kitchen to the smell of bacon vegetables. Angelo had juiced for us. Whata guy! He made a lovely green juice with kale, cucumber, celery, apples, and carrots. I saved mine for lunch because I was more in the "Where's my coffee" mood. Sophia decided that 5am was party time this morning...stupid time change messing everyone's sleep schedule up!



We have so much produce in our fridge right now, so I decided to clean it out a bit and make some baby food for Sophia. I steamed 3 apples to make applesauce and  baked 2 sweet potatoes, tossed in the MagicBullet, and jarred them up for the week. I usually put some water in with the veggies when I puree them to get the consistency that I want. 

Apples are a new food for Sophia so we'll see how she likes them tomorrow morning when I put them in her cereal. 

After seeing many articles and tweets on twitter about Kale Chips and since I was already slicin' n dicin' up veggies, I made Kale Chips to see what the fuss is all about. I used THIS recipe.


Verdict: I cooked them too long so they were ultra crispy and just crumbled into tiny pieces when I ate them. Not really good. Next time I'll watch them closely while cooking and put more salt on them. I ate a few and threw the rest away. 

Tonight Angelo has a soccer game so dinner is just Sophia & I. I  have chicken marinating in BBQ sauce to go with baked beans and a spinach salad. 
Hope you all have a great Wednesday! 
Love, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment