Thursday, March 22, 2012

Snapped

Good Morning! Sorry I missed you guys on WorkOut Wednesday, but BOY did I have a workout yesterday.  My power plate session was pretty hard and included a good amount of tabata burpees, mountain climbers, high knees, and lunge jumps. When I thought I was done, I was handed another 4 min tabata drill with arm workouts. Brutal but I smiled because I love it!
After working out, we stopped by Tropical Smoothie to get a Peanut Paradise smoothie (the ultimate best!) before Sophia’s Gymboree class. Last night we went over to a friend's house for her birthday, where we enjoyed a nice big fresh salad, rice & beans, and chicken. We washed all that down with a slice of ice cream birthday cake. (I think it's rude not to eat a piece of cake at a birthday party or wedding, unless you have allergies or whatnot, ya know?!)

Well, it finally happened! My diaper bag broke. One of the straps has been holding on by a string for the past week and I was waiting for it to snap. I’m now on the prowl for a new one.
I’ve been scoping out the Nordstrom site and these have catch my eye. 
I really like the nylon diaper bags because they're so easy to clean and wipe off. And I also want a more neutral color since my last diaper bag was purple. Angelo might appreciate carrying a black or tan one. ;) 

They also have a ton at the BuyBuyBaby here in town so I’m going to make a stop there today. Since I’m going, I started making a list of various things I also need to get, and it got me thinking about all the crap I’ve bought from there that didn’t get any use. Money down the drain.

25 different types of bottles – I guess I really wouldn’t have known Sophia hated ALL bottles until I tried them, but still, I have an enire cabinet in the kitchen filled with bottles we will never use at least until baby #2.
Walker - I’ve read that they actually hinder children from walking and may mess up their hip placement.
Mamaroo Rocker – I was so much in a hurry to buy this when Sophia was first born and I think we got about 5 uses out of it.  The seat isn’t comfortable at all.
Breastfriend – When Sophia was first born I used it for maybe a week or so, then just switch over to the boppy because it felt better.  I tried using it again a month or 2 ago and it’s so stiff compared to the boppy.

There's only 1 more day until the weekend! But who's counting?! 
On today's to-do list:
-4 mile run
-Doc appt
-BuyBuyBaby
-Maybe Nordstrom

Love,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment