Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Scales: take em or leave em

Good late afternoon and happy Tuesday!
Yesterday was a celebration day since SOMEONE turned 7 months old! 
Crazy how fast time flies. I mean, REALLY flies!  

 We finally bought office furniture on Sunday so we spent last night (in sushi coma) trying to turn this…

…into a functional office. Right now I do all my work and computer stuff either on the couch or dining table. My workload will be increasing in the next couple of weeks so I needed an actual office with filing cabinets and drawers! I see a trip to HomeGoods in my future!

Earlier this afternoon I had an uh-mazing massage at a local spa while Angelo & Sophia went on a daddy-daughter lunch date. Afterwards, feeling relaxed and noodley, I munched on this Chic-fila salad on our way to other appointments.
 Now back at home, I just caught up with Desperate Housewives on the DVR (OMG!) and Sophia is napping. I'm trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. I'm thinking some baked chicken on top of whole wheat spaghetti. In the pasta mood...

Topic of the day: Weighing yourself
I’ve seen so many different opinions about weighing yourself. Some say DON’T weigh yourself, and others say DO. On twitter yesterday I saw this:

Do you own a personal scale at home? If you do, how often do you weigh yourself?  I know people who weigh themselves every day and others who don’t even own a scale. We have one here at the house, but Angelo says it’s not very accurate. Who really knows… I weigh myself probably once every 2 weeks. Depending on the time of day, the scale tends to vary about 2-3 lbs for me. Sometimes less, sometimes more. 

I personally think weighing yourself every now and then is a good way to keep yourself in check and it is good to know your weight for various reasons. I don’t believe in stepping on the scale every day especially if trying to lose weight. You will eventually drive yourself crazy. So, if you are trying to lose weight, throw the scale away and go to your doctor or a friend’s house to weigh yourself once or twice a month. At the Weight Loss Clinic we told our patients not to weigh themselves at home since they came in to weigh once a week or every 2 weeks. We had some patients who didn't ever want to know their weight, but to only tell them every time they hit the -10 lb mark. If you’re on maintenance mode, scales aren’t so bad.  To keep yourself in check without a scale, pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. 

Hope everyone's Tuesday has been productive and/or relaxing! 

Love, 
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment