Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bean & Corn Chili

Last night was another chili for dinner. I'm testing out different chili recipes for the Chili Bar I'm putting together for Nelp's 1st birthday party. I think I've found the two I'll be making and this one is a winner!! I picked this one because it had all things that Nelpe and Sophia enjoy; beans, corn, ground turkey, and topped with avocado. They couldn't get enough! 



What you’ll need:
2 tbsp butter
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 lb ground turkey
2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can of Fire Roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 oz) can of corn, undrained
1 (4 oz) can of diced green chiles, undrained
1  (16 oz) jar of Salsa Verde (green kind)
1 ½ tsp chili powder


What you do:
In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
Throw in chopped onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add ground turkey and cook fully until browned.
Add black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, green chilies, and salsa.
Add chili powder
Bring to boil, and then reduce heat to simmer for minimum 15 minutes. I let mine simmer for about an hour.
Serve into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
ENJOY!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment