Thursday, October 23, 2014

Crock Pot Garlic Tomato Chicken

Hey you guys!!! Raise your hand if you love the crock pot! {Raises hand}

The crock pot is one of my favorite inventions ever and makes life relatively easy when I use it. 

This crock pot chicken recipe was a new one for me. When I first started putting together the ingredients, I had a "garlic honey" chicken in mind. But when it was done cooking and we ate it, it tasted and looked more like a "garlic tomato" chicken to me. I think the ketchup over powered the honey, so the word honey got an elbow to the ribs and kicked out of the name. 

The hubs LOVED the sauce and basically drenched his entire plate with it. While this wasn't mind blowing good, it was good! And I'm always down to try new ways to cook chicken...right?!


Crock Pot Garlic Tomato Chicken
What you’ll need:
2 chicken breasts (cut length wise to make 4 chicken filets)
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)

What you do:
Wash and cut chicken breasts length wise to make 4 chicken filets.
Place chicken in crock pot
Mix together rest of ingredients in small bowl.
Pour over chicken and cover with lid.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Serve over quinoa or rice.
Enjoy!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment