Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pumpkin Overload

Good Morning!

Now that we're over the initial buzz of "IT'S OCTOBER!!!", it's time to calm down and enjoy the season of pumpkin and apples. But first I want to tell you a little secret.  This whole, making everything pumpkin flavored thing is getting a little out of hand for me. While some things are delicious, there's been quiet a few Pumpkin flavored things that I've spit out (not in public). 

Look at this Publix advertisement, and hang your head in disbelief with me. (I know some of you are probably thinking, "Wow all that looks amazing!")
Everything looks OK until you see the Pumpkin pasta sauce...Why ruin pasta sauce like that? 

Another food that shouldn't be ruined with pumpkin is ice cream. The other day I ordered a cup of Baskin Robin's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream...just take my advice and don't get it. I took 2 bites and trashed it. Since then, I've received 4 emails from local frozen yogurt shops advertising their "Flavor of the Month" as Pumpkin something. Pumpkin spice, pumpkin harvest...call it whatever you want, I'm not trying it. 

At this point, you're probably wondering what pumpkin things I do enjoy. Well I really enjoy Pumpkin Pie, THIS recipe and THIS recipe. You should try them, they do not disappoint! 


So with all the pumpkin complaining, I'm going to try and start using more apples in recipes, because in my head, Apple > Pumpkin. 

I hope you're having a glorious Fall October morning! (Kind of feels the same as last week all the way back in September huh?)

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment