Friday, October 17, 2014

Five Things Friday

Happy Friday! How is our day going? It's so close to 5:00 p.m. I can taste a margarita! ;)

I kept Sophia home from school today and we've been running errands and having fun. Sometimes you just need one of those "mental health days" from school, even when you're only 3 years old. :)

Five Things on This Friday

1. Target & Costco. I don’t know which is more dangerous!  Both can be considered a slight addiction for me and I think angels sing every time I walk in either store.  Why do they constantly have to get new and cool stuff?! I went to Costco today for things for the office (Printer ink, coffee, cups, plastic silverware, etc) and while I mostly stayed on track, I always pick up things that I had no intention of buying before I got there.

2. Halloween is quickly approaching! Have you bought or made your costume yet? Are you even celebrating Halloween? Do you just buy your kids costumes or do you dress the whole family? I still haven’t purchased the girl’s costumes and I’m thinking about just going to Party City the week of Halloween and letting Sophia pick one out. She has changed her mind 3 times since I first started asking her what she wants to be. I was THIS close to ordering her a pumpkin costume online the other day, and now I’m glad I didn't because this morning she told me she didn't want to be pumpkin anymore, but a “beautiful butterfly”. Before the pumpkin, she wanted to be a superhero. I think all the Frozen characters will be the most over done costumes this year and I refuse to buy Sophia anymore Princess dresses. Nelpe is much easier since she can’t speak her own opinion yet. LOL

3. APPLES! I have had the most amazing apples in the past couple of weeks. Have you ever had a Honey Crisp apple? DELISH! So annoying that they are double the price of regular apples though...But so worth it! The last couple Honey Crisp apples I purchased were huge, juicy, and sweet. I store my apples in the fridge because I like them cold. Can’t get enough!
I REALLY want to make these before apple season is over. Baked Apple Pies

4. BAKING! Something about this cooler weather we’re experiencing makes me want to stay home, put on a sweatshirt, open the windows, and just bake. Here are a few recipes I’m going to try before Fall is over! (Fall being over?! That’s just a sad thing to think about)

THIS Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread
THESE Pumpkin Biscottis
THESE Coconut-Almond Biscotti
THESE Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls


5. One last thing: Ebola – I have seen so many posts on Facebook about people going all Panic Mode about Ebola and even had a friend tell me they might delete their Facebook because all the Ebola panic. I’m not saying Ebola is something that should be taken lightly; I’m just saying that there have been 3 cases out of 317 MILLION people who live here. Watch this clip


Welp, that about does it for me this week! Hope you have a great weekend!! Stay healthy my friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment