Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pumpkin French Toast

Good Mornin'! 
How's your Tuesday going so far? 
Feels a little like Monday over here because Sophia didn't have school yesterday. So I'm just getting into the routines of the work week.

Here are some Tuesday Thoughts for ya...

You know what I find a little odd? That "at home" peaceful feeling you get at random moments. It could be from a song, food, place, anything. 

This past Sunday we went to a fall festival at a church we used to call our “home church”. When I was walking through the festival, I thought about how much at home I felt. It’s where the hubs and I first started attending together about 10 years ago, it’s where my parents still attend,  it’s where we were baptized together, and it’s where we said our last goodbyes to my brother-in-law.

You see, ever since we moved further away we started attending different churches in search of “the one” to call home again. It’s been almost about 4 years and while we like other churches, the one we seemed to like the best is the furthest away. Go figure. So, I feel like we’re still in that “in-between” phase and just need to buckle down and make a decision. Sometimes its good to go back to the place you call home and sometimes its good to make change and form new relationships.

You know what else feels like home to me? French Toast ;) It’s just one of those good ol’ old fashion breakfast foods that makes me smile. Yes, food makes me smile.


I made this Pumpkin French Toast the other day and it was delicious. The hubs, an anti-pumpkin kind of guy, even enjoyed it!


Pumpkin French Toast 
What you’ll need:
6 pieces of whole wheat or any type of sandwich bread
3 eggs
½ cup almond milk
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
¾ cup pumpkin puree
(Butter, Powdered sugar, and maple syrup for serving)

What you do:
In a bowl,  whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin puree until smooth.
Dip each side of piece of bread and place on a hot, greased skillet.
Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
Repeat with each piece of bread.
Serve with butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup.
ENJOY!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment