Thursday, October 9, 2014

Roasted Marinated Broccoli

What's up with broccoli and cauliflower getting bad raps? Every time I mention that we're having either for dinner, my husband scrunches up his nose and says, "what else?". 

Do they smell like fart? 
Kind of. 
But they're so yummy and extremely nutritious!! I love to roast almost all vegetables, but roasted broccoli and cauliflower may be one of my favorites.

Last Friday we had steak for dinner and I made this marinated roasted broccoli to join the hunk of steak on our plates. Usually I roast vegetables with just EVOO and garlic salt, but wanted to spice these up a bit. I decided to marinate the broccoli before roasting them, and it was a GREAT decision.


Roasted Marinated Broccoli

What you’ll need:
2 heads of broccoli (Trimmed and Chopped) or 1 (32 oz) bag broccoli florets
4 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

What you do:
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except broccoli).
Toss the broccoli florets into the marinade and let sit for 10 minutes.
 Spread broccoli onto baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.

ENJOY!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment