Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Biscotti

Hey ya'll!! How's your Wednesday going? Its 3 p.m. and I'm just now sitting down to work. It's been a busy day to say the least, but a productive one!

It all started out with a biscotti to compliment my latte early this a.m. Joyful. I love biscotti. I love anything I can dip into my morning coffee. 

I used to make biscotti all the time, and then they just fell off the face of earth...OR I had a 2nd baby and life changed and I just never went back to making them like I used to. ;) 

But on Friday, I told ya'll I was going to be doing some baking and I stuck to my word! I made these delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Biscotti!!! I took this recipe from The Gunny Sack, and changed it a tad bit. I had to open another can of pumpkin for these, so be expecting some MORE pumpkin recipes to finish this can up! Oh bummer...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Biscotti

What you’ll need:
2 eggs
¾  cup granulated sugar
½  cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½  tsp baking powder
½  tsp baking soda
½  tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

What you do:
PreHeat oven to 350.
Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until thick.
Beat in pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Divide the dough in half.  Using some extra flour with your hands (because it's sticky!), form each half into a log shape on the baking sheet and flatten with hands until it measures about 10 inches by 3 inches.
Make sure the two logs are a couple inches away from each other on baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Take logs out of oven to cool for 10 minutes and turn oven heat down to 300.
Move logs to a cutting surface and cut logs into ¾ in slices.
Lay slices on baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for another 20 minutes, until crisp.
Let biscotti cool for 5 minutes, and then move to wire rack or other plate to cool.
Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment